Use Of Public Facilities
Purpose & Availability
Campbell County Fiscal Court’s public facilities and grounds are defined as:
- Fiscal Court Chambers located on the first floor of the County Administration Building, 1098 Monmouth Street, Newport, KY
- Public Parking lot in front of the County Administration Building, 1098 Monmouth Street, Newport, KY
- Alexandria Courthouse Meeting Room located at 8352 East Main Street, Alexandria, KY
The Fiscal Court’s public facilities and grounds are intended for County sponsored activities. When the facilities are not in use by County officials or staff, they may be used by other organizations for occasional meetings. All meetings must be open to the public.
The Fiscal Court reserves the right to deny the use of its facilities for any reason. An organization’s use of the facilities does not imply the Fiscal Court’s endorsement. Except as a designation of location, the name of the Fiscal Court may not be used in any publicity. The Fiscal Court accepts no liability or responsibility for any damage to persons or property resulting from use of Fiscal Court Facilities.
Guidelines for Public Use
- County sponsored activities will take precedence over all other events. The Fiscal Court reserves the right to cancel any meeting at any time.
- Requests for use of facilities should be restricted to Monday through Friday. Weekend requests may be considered on a case by case basis.
- Reservations will be taken on a first come, first served basis. Reservations will only be accepted one month in advance.
- The Facilities Use Application must be completed each time a facility is requested. The person completing the application is responsible for any damages to the property and must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- The application must be approved by the Fiscal Court Clerk (or designee) prior to the scheduled meeting.
- The Fiscal Court Clerk shall be notified via email at least 48 hours in advance of a cancellations or requested changes.
- Organizations using Fiscal Court facilities may not charge admission fees. Any donations, solicited or exchanged, within the facility may only be used for a bona-fide charitable purpose or to pay for training programs or refreshment costs.
- The maximum number of participants allowed in the facility is determined by the local fire code.
- No tobacco products, e-cigarettes or alcoholic beverages are permitted.
- Groups intending to use the audiovisual system must indicate that as part of the original application and are prohibited from tampering with the audiovisual system control box.
- If furnishings are rearranged, they shall be returned to the previous arrangement.
- Groups intending to serve refreshments must indicate that as part of the original application and the group is expected to clean up and dispose of trash appropriately.
- Damages to the facility or accidents should be reported immediately to the Fiscal Court Clerk by calling 859-547-1803.
- The applicant shall indemnify and hold harmless the Campbell County Fiscal Court from any and all losses, damages, claims or suits arising out of the applicant’s use and occupancy of the public facility, including but not limited to those attributed to the applicant’s guests, agents, employees, or invitees.
- Failure to adhere to these regulations may result in denial of future use of Fiscal Court facilities.