Finding Your Lost Pet
If you have lost your pet, please consider the following options:
1. Call the Campbell Count Animal Shelter, 635-2819, immediately and give an accurate description of your pet.
2. Search the neighborhood thoroughly. Enlist the help of friends.
3. Go to the animal shelter and look for yourself. Only you know your pet. Take pictures if you can to show others what your pet looks like.
4. Post signs in your neighborhood and local stores. Describe your pet and put a picture of it on the sign if possible. Leave your phone number, too, so people can call you if they find your pet.
5. Place an ad in the newspaper. The more people who know your pet is missing, the better chance you have of finding it.
6. Keep checking at your local shelter and other shelters in the area. Call or visit at least every three days.
Campbell County offers a micro-chipping service to all pet owners in the county. For $10, an animal can be micro-chipped. Micro-chipped animals can be identified at the Animal Shelter and local veterinarians' offices.
Keep a Collar and Idenification Tags on your Animal
Returning lost pets to their owners is easiest if dogs wear the required county license and city tags and also a rabies tag. Your dog can a wear an identification tag with your name, address and phone number. Be sure to keep the collar on your dog at all times.
Cats can wear an I.D. tag and some cities require a license.