News & Events
Emergency management to offer search and rescue training course
- Published on Friday, 15 April 2016 14:03
Campbell County's Office of Emergency Management invites the interested public to register to attend a training course, Search and Rescue in Community Disasters. It will be held at the County Fire Training Center in Highland Heights on April 22-23. The course is intended for all those living and working in the county who are most impacted when a disaster strikes.
The course is delivered at no charge and should be attended by everyone: community and service organizations (youth groups, American Red Cross, etc.), church groups, businesses, etc. It will span from 6-10pm on Friday, April 22, and then from 8am-5pm on Saturday, April 23. Participants will receive a survival guide, which includes a checklist and resources, including many of the search and rescue tactics that will be taught in the course.
Among the topics and concepts to be covered are:
- Developing a survivor's mindset,
- Preparing for a disaster,
- Using common household items as rescue tools,
- Determining when to wait for help or to evacuate, and
- Beginning the recovery process.
Campbell County is celebrating National County Government Month
- Published on Thursday, 14 April 2016 15:53
April is National County Government Month, and Campbell County wants to offer you a chance to learn more about your hometown county.
US 27 pavement repairs to begin April 18
- Published on Monday, 11 April 2016 12:58
Beginning April 18, drivers on US-27 between Ripple Creek in Cold Spring and I-471 in Highland Heights should be alert to a KYTC District 6 pavement repair project that is scheduled! For more updates please follow the project on the Transportation Dept. website.
Fiscal Court Meeting Times
- Published on Thursday, 07 April 2016 00:11
The Alexandria Meeting times were listed on the Campbell County Fiscal Court’s website showing a start time of 7:30 PM. This was incorrect as all fiscal court meetings in Alexandria start at 7 PM on the 1st Wednesday of the month. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. The time has been corrected on the website and we are listing the correct times below for both Monthly meetings.
Fiscal Court Meetings:
- 1st Wednesday of the Month 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM at the Alexandria Courthouse
- 3rd Wednesday of the Month 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM at the Newport Administration Building