- Published on Wednesday, 29 July 2015 17:36
There will be a Farmer’s Market tomorrow, Thursday, July 30th from 10 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Campbell County Fiscal Court Parking Lot.
From savoring produce at the peak of freshness to meeting the people who grow your food, there are countless reasons to support farmers markets. Here are just a few:
- Taste Real Flavors The fruits and vegetables you buy at the farmers market are the freshest and tastiest available. Fruits are allowed to ripen fully in the field and are brought directly to you—no long-distance shipping, no sitting for weeks in storage.
- Enjoy the Season The food you buy at the farmers market is seasonal. It is fresh and delicious and reflects the truest flavors. Shopping and cooking from the farmers market helps you to reconnect with the cycles of nature in our region.
- Support Family Farmers Family farmers need your support. Buying directly from farmers gives them a better return for their produce.
- Protect the Environment Food at the farmers market is transported shorter distances and is generally grown using methods that minimize the impact on the earth.
- Nourish Yourself Most food found at the farmers market is minimally processed, and many of our farmers go to great lengths to grow the most nutritious produce possible by using sustainable techniques, picking produce right before the market, and growing heirloom varieties.
- Discover the Spice of Life: Variety At the farmers market you find an amazing array of produce that you don’t see in your average supermarket. It is a wonderful opportunity to savor the biodiversity of our planet.
- Know Where Your Food Comes From A regular trip to a farmers market is one of the best ways to connect with where your food comes from. Meeting and talking to farmers and food artisans is a great opportunity to learn more about how and where food is produced.
- Learn Cooking Tips, Recipes, and Meal Ideas Farmers, ranchers, and artisans at the farmers market are often passionate cooks with plenty of free advice about how to cook the foods they are selling.
- Connect with Your Community The farmers market is a community hub—a place to meet up with your friends, bring your children, or just get a taste of farm life in the midst of our wonderful city.
Stop by if you can! Eat Well, Live Well