Campbell County eligible for FEMA assistance
Campbell County has been added the Presidential Disaster Declaration as
of March 9, 2012.
Assistance is available in the form of grants for temporary housing,
basic home repairs, other serious disaster-related needs and
low-interest disaster loans.
Renters, homeowners and business owners may qualify for help through the
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). However, they must apply for
assistance. The process takes 15 to 30 minutes.
Registration is available online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov or by phone at 800-621-FEMA
(3362). Operators speak many languages. Disaster applicants who use TTY
should call 800-462-7585. Those who use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS)
should call 800-621-3362.
The toll-free FEMA registration numbers are available seven days a week
from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. local time.
Survivors also can apply for federal assistance directly through
Web-enabled mobile phone devices or smartphones. Registration through
the mobile site takes three steps:
1. Go to m.fema.gov <http://m.fema.gov/>; and click "Apply Online
for FEMA Assistance." You will be directed to www.DisasterAssistance.gov
2. Click on Start Registration; and
3. Fill out the registration form.
FEMA will ask for the following information:
* The telephone number where applicants can be reached;
* The address where applicants lived at the time of the disaster
and the address where they are staying;
* Their Social Security number;
* A general description of damage to property and other losses;
* The name of the insurance company and policy number or agent if
the property is insured; and
* Bank account routing information for direct deposit of funds.